Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Live on CNN--this is what I just saw. Please tell me how you feel?

So Rick Warren is quizzing Obama (and later, McCain) about moral issues. He just asked Obama's definition of marriage and Obama said it's between a man and a woman. The crowd burst into applause. How does that make you feel? (By the way, I am straight and live with my partner and don't believe in legalized unions.)Live on CNN--this is what I just saw. Please tell me how you feel?
I think it's sick that Obama agreed to whore himself out to the Right-wing religious wackos.

He believes in civil unions, so he told Ellen DeGeneres this week.



I'm with you. The government shouldn't be involved in giving its stamp of approval on personal relationships. If we had universal health care coverage, noone would ever get married.
I'm not going to make a big deal about it-I do find it annoying, but it's kind of obvious WHY it is he did it...Live on CNN--this is what I just saw. Please tell me how you feel?
I wish obama was for them alas he isnt, hes still much better than McCain thoughLive on CNN--this is what I just saw. Please tell me how you feel?
Not surprised, I'll tell you that much. It isn't politically possible for a presidential candidate to recognize same-sex marriage, but I think Obama will support it when more states start legalizing it. You don't exactly hear him being upset over the CA decision, do you?



The times, they are a-changing. Be patient.
He is just speaking politics. Personally I'm disgusted that people have such a hard time dealing with this. I have gay friends who have been in monogamous relationships for longer than any of my 3 marriages have lasted. Funny thing is I have a gay friend who is against gay marriage.
OBAMA ALL THE WAY!!!

Have you not heard of Obama pride???

Geez it's just on TV he isn't going to condemn gays.
Obama is against same sex marriage, but he said he will not get in the way if a state wants to leglize it and will strike down anyone who gets in the way.



However, he is for EVERY other right for gay people beside same sex marriage:



http://my.barackobama.com/page/community鈥?/a>



So how does it make me feel? Well I live in New Jersey which honors same sex marriage benefits and rights that Massachusetts and California issue, and I'm close enough to Massachusetts so if my boyfriend and I want to get married, we'll just go to Massachusetts and come back to New Jersey where we will be treated equally like married straight couples are.



I hope that answers your question.
i don't think that's right. i h8 it how people think anything apart from the status quo is not 'normal.'
Its annoying, but i respect that view from a religious view even though I'm atheist, in england we can't get married but can have a civil union...
Saying that he is pro gay marriage, would basically eliminate him as a presidential candidate. It's a sad truth, but so many people in America are opposed to gay marriage. On the other hand, it doesn't make me feel bad, since I have read is nice letter adressing LGTB issues on his website.
Obama's always held the line that marriage is between a man and a women, but has been very pressing in the notion gays need civil unions with equal rights that have to be recognized nationwide.



There was a debate where he and another senator (forget the name) were asked if they believed homosexuality was an abomination and what they would do if they had a child who came out to them. The other candidate couldn't stop gay-bashing before he got to the kid question. Obama gave a surprisingly very pro-gay answer. So I still have hope.



The applause at today's debate? That sickens me more. But the phrase "super church" weirds me out... I've never been part of a church where the priest didn't know the regular congregators' names. Sounds like the Walmart approach to faith鈥攖hat scares me.
It really saddens me, honestly.



It isn't so much what Obama said that makes me sad, it's that the crowd burst into applause. It just goes to show that our culture still has a long way to go until we learn to accept one another. I don't understand how anyone can honestly think they have the right to deny two people in love the basic right to marriage. But, some people are stuck in their ways. And Obama can talk about change all he wants, but it's time he actually stood up for change, a great start would be legalizing same-sex marriage. Hopefully, as others have said, maybe Obama has a plan to legalize once in office, that would be wonderful. I support him, despite this, because well, the only other option is McCain and if he's in office there's no hope.
I'm upset :(
ugh thats kind of depressing
Lets face it, the man that should have won is not even in the race any more.



If you actually listened to his speeches you would be aware of the fact that Ron Paul had great ideas and would have been a great man to take over as President.



Now we are stuck with Obama, a "celebrity" with no real leadership experience, at least none that would prepare him to run an entire country.



And McCain, a conservative...



Either way, we lose. But I'd rather someone with experience takes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment